sunnuntai 11. elokuuta 2013

I have loved you in three countries
On a single continent
For two years and eleven months
We have celebrated three of my birthdays and two of yours
I have spent the Christmas with your family
You have spend the summer with mine


I have taken you with me everywhere


Watched you naked, clothed, in your boxer shorts
Clean, unwashed, unshaven and shaved


I’ve been with you when you’ve cried, with your back toward me on the bed and your head against the pillow


And when you were in love with me you’d take off your glasses to kiss me because it was the only way to get close enough


I have taken you with me everywhere


And the smell of you which I am bound to forget
In a city full of artificial scents; shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, perfumes, detergents and powders, lotions and creams, you smelt to me like a human being


My thoughts are muddled with images of you
The milky fuzz of your lower lip

Imagining the sound of touching your face makes my skin ache

I have taken you with me everywhere

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti