lauantai 11. tammikuuta 2014

Thistle and Weeds

I feel like I've just been to heaven and back. It's funny how happy small things can make you if you let them. As soon as I entered the Hill Garden after slipping my way down a soggy, muddy pathway, there was an overwhelming sense of calm. The green hills were bathed in the parallel sunlight of the afternoon and there was a sweet smell hanging in the air. It has been dubbed the Secret Garden, but I wasn't alone treading its paths. Mostly it was couples and tourists, from which I am neither. I wasn't the only loner though. There was a gray-haired lady who after seeing me taking pictures, approached me to tell me about a spot I mustn't miss. Down a slope there was a tree heavy with yellow blossoms, and she told me it was her favourite place in the park.

I like places like this best off-season. Cold and wet and deserted. And there are still plants and flowers that you don't know the name of, pushing their way through the ground and up. 















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti